This weekly informal group is for parents and babies from birth to one year. This group meets every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to Noon at Iowa Lutheran Hospital in Conference Room 1. You will have the opportunity to gain information, ask questions and share experiences with other parents. A variety of educational topics will be presented by guest speakers or by the nurse who leads the group. This informal setting is interactive and questions and discussion are encouraged. Discussion topics may include care of mother, common baby health care issues, cues to understanding infant communication, developmental milestones, feeding issues, play time, safety issues and sleeping habits. Registration is not required for this class.
To access Conference Room 1, please enter through the main entrance at Iowa Lutheran and proceed down the main hallway. The Conference Room is located at the end of the hall.
Registration is not required for this class. Call 515-241-6728 for more information about this class.
- Oct. 3: Why is my baby crying?
- Oct. 10: Is this what it feels like after having a new baby?
- Oct. 17: Baby sign language
- Oct. 24: Starting solids and Mom's nutrition
- Oct. 31: Potluck (bring Halloween or Fall costume for your baby, if available)
- Nov. 7: Body changes after baby
- Nov. 14: Holidays with new baby
- Nov. 21: Open discussion
- Nov. 28: Connecting with others