A great deal of information is exchanged by interacting with the other patients in the support group. You are not alone in your disease of morbid obesity and you will find that it is much easier to go through this life-changing surgery after talking with many others who have gone through the same thing.
Our support group is open to all, no registration is necessary.
2020 Dates & Times
Saturday Support Group is held the 1st Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. in the lower level conference room located on the west side of our office building. Exercise class is held before each support group at 9 a.m.
- January 4 - Exercise
- February 1 - Mental Health
- March 7 - Long Term Success After Weight Loss Surgery
- April 4 - Plastic Surgery with Dr. Yen
- May 2 - Panel Discussion
- June 6 - Small Groups
- July 11 (2nd Saturday) - Meal Planning and Prep
- August 1 - Plastic Surgery Patient Panel
- September 12 (2nd Saturday) - Panel Discussion
- October 3 - What to do about Weight Regain
- November 7 - Small Groups
- December 5 - Mental Health with Stephanie Lee, Ph.D., LISW
*The support group is a requirement prior to surgery for the UnityPoint Health- Des Moines Bariatric program.
Post-op Support Group is held the 4th Tuesday of each month from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. in the lower level conference room, the room closest to the kitchen
- January 28
- February 25
- March 24
- April 28
- May 26
- June 23
- July 28
- August 25
- September 22
- October 27
- November 24
- December - No Support Group
6600 Westown Parkway, Suite 50
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Weight Loss Specialists Directions
*Schedule is subject to change: In the event that we would need to cancel the support group, please watch KCCI- TV 8, WOI-TV 5, WHO-TV 13 for cancellation information. You can also listen to 1040 AM, 1350 AM, 940 AM, 107.5 FM, 100.3 FM, 102.4 FM, 104.1 FM, 93.3 FM, 103.3 FM, 92.5 FM, 95 FM and 97.3 FM for additional cancellation information.