Purpose & Intended Audience
To enable maternity nurses to apply knowledge of comfort-promotion strategies in the care of a laboring patient.
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Identify factors affecting the laboring woman's perception of pain.
- Explain the various comfort-promotion strategies used during labor and birth.
- Name three nonpharmacologic pain control strategies.
- Demonstrate three positions used to decrease pain during labor.
- List the advantages and limitations of pharmacologic methods of pain management.
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been approved for 3.75 contact hour(s) for full attendance
by the Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #31, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines. No partial credit will be awarded.
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified and your entire registration fee refunded.
No refunds for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
Sarah Copple - Clinical Education Specialist - Maternity Services
Sarah.Copple@unitypoint.org or by phone 515.241.6885.