Purpose & Intended Audience
To enable maternity services nursing staff to apply knowledge of evidence-based practice to provide family-centered care during perinatal loss.
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Define types of perinatal loss and frequency of occurrence for each type.
- Describe emotional responses to perinatal loss related to fetal/neonatal gestational age, culture, and religion.
- Describe unique aspects of perinatal loss, including the process of grief and mourning, healing, and integrating loss into life.
- Provide rationale for care of mother, father, baby , and family members.
- Describe anticipatory guidance for self-care after hospital discharge.
- Identify the potential effects of perinatal loss on living children, subsequent children, and parenting.
- Articulate the importance of a holistic nursing approach when caring for women and families experiencing perinatal loss.
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been approved for 0.42 CEUs by the Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #31, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines. No partial credit will be awarded.
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines, Blank Children's Hospital/IMMC Campus
ERC Classroom 3 or 4, G Level ERC
1200 Pleasant Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified and your entire registration fee refunded.
A processing fee of $30 will be retained for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
Sarah Copple, BSN, RNC-MNN at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-343-1552