November 7 & 8, 2019
Conference Brochure (The talk on PARP Inhibitors is now titled "Ovarian Cancer Update")
AC-H Ovarian Cancer
Des Moines THRIVE - Part 1 - Day 2
Des Moines THRIVE - Part 2 - Day 2
This conference is designed for nurses and other healthcare professionals who care for patients who have cancer.
To enable the learner to apply the latest advances in the care of patients who have cancer, including medical, surgical and symptom management.
Conference Learning Outcomes
- Review neoadjuvant protocols for the management of colorectal cancer.
- Identify interventions to support patients and families undergoing chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T cell) therapy.
- Summarize the benefits of a specialty clinic to treat the unique needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) cancer survivors.
- Discuss new treatment options for the management of triple negative breast cancer.
- Discuss neoadjuvant protocols for the management of pancreatic cancer.
- Describe the relationship of breast density to breast cancer risk.
- Relate evidence from the THRIVE Program to implications for nursing practice in oncology.
- Evaluate the use of genomic tests for treatment planning.
- Discuss the role of poly-ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitors in the management of ovarian cancer.
- Recognize ways art therapy supports a patient’s ability to cope physically, mentally and spiritually into survivorship while managing anxiety and stress.
Continuing Education Credit
IBON Provider #31, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines,
awards 5.75 contact hours for day 1 full attendance
and 5 contact hours for day 2 full attendance.
Employees of UnityPoint Health – Des Moines and UnityPoint Health affiliates:
• 1 Day - $45
• 2 Days - $85
Employees of non-affiliates:
• 1 Day - $60
• 2 Days - $100
Registration forms and fees must be submitted by Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Refunds will be given with written notice received by Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
If paying by mail, make check or money order payable to John Stoddard Cancer Center and mail to:
UnityPoint Health – Iowa Methodist Medical Center
John Stoddard Cancer Center
Attention: Ione Wilson
1221 Pleasant Street, Suite 450
Des Moines, IA 50309
Please call Ione Wilson at (515) 241-3343 if you have questions.
In an effort to reduce waste,
speaker handouts will only
be available on the Stoddard
website. Please visit
after Novemer 4, 2019 if you
would like to download.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center
Education and Research Center
Kelley Conference Room
1415 Woodland Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
• Take the Keo Way exit from I-235.
Go south on Keo Way.
• Turn right onto 12th Street.
• Go straight at the stop sign.