Presented By: Unity Point at Home
Cost: $120 for Unity Point Health Employees, $ 140 for external
Time: 8:30-4:30 PM
Registration Deadline: October 21, 2019
The LS ACP Facilitator Certification course is intended for healthcare clinicians (nurses, social workers, chaplains, physicians) and others involved in assisting those with serious illness or frailty in making treatment decisions based on their goals of care.
The purpose of this program is to improve the effectiveness of the LS ACP (a POLST Paradigm program) through facilitation skills training.
- Describe the goals of the Last Steps ACP program; a POLST Paradigm program
- Identify interview skills for facilitating Last Steps ACP conversations
- Identify skills to assist individuals in making informed treatment decisions; to include CPR, limitations on treatment, and comfort care
- Develop strategies to create a POLST form that accurately reflects an individual’s treatment preferences
- Identify systems to honor the POLST plan
- Demonstrate beginning competency in facilitating Last Steps ACP conversations through role-play activities
Initial Certification Requirements
- Completion of the LS ACP Facilitator Certification Online Pre- Curriculum
- Completion of the LS ACP Facilitator Certification classroom training (8-hour classroom instruction)