Parenting is a difficult job! And in today's world, there are many variables that impact our ability to parent well. While there is so much advice out there, have you ever felt that information was confusing, conflicting or overwhelming? Whether you are in information overload, stressed about 'doing it right' or are simply gathering parenting tips, this class is for you!
The goal in this two-hour workshop is to provide you with practical, ready-to-use tools to empower and encourage you as a more confident parent.
Principles are based in "Love & Logic", an approach to parenting built around the science of crafting trusting, caring and respectful parent-child relationships. Love allows children to grow through their mistakes. Logic allows children to live with the consequences of their choices.
Healthy parenting strategies include:
- The Two Rules of Love & Logic
- Delayed or "Anticipatory Consequences"
- Using empathy and Love & Logic one-liners to neutralize arguing
- Sensory tools to help a child's self-regulation and compliance
All topics revolve around 1-6 year old children, but exceptions can be made. In addition, anyone involved in co-parenting is welcomed and encouraged to join!
Workshop will be facilitated by Jenna Lavik, Independent Facilitator of Love & Logic, Occupational Therapist, and parent of three.
Class Cost: $20.00 for 2 individuals
Additional Class Information
- This class meets at the Meriter Business Center - 2650 Novation Pkwy, Madison (off Rimrock Road).
- This offering may be eligible for wellness rewards or reimbursement. Please check with your health insurance provider for program details. (Quartz | Group Health Cooperative)
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
- A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class start date.
- A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the class start date.
Please complete your registration online by clicking the "Register Now" button above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608) 417-8446.