Registration must be completed 6 weeks PRIOR to the course - June 8 is the LAST possible day to register. This 1-day Instructor Trainer led course presents principles and application of adult learning theory as applicable for teaching the Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course. This course, revised in 2017, is the first step for individuals who wish to be approved as AWHONN FHM Program Instructors.
Once you have met the criteria for participation, this one-day, in-person course will assist you in becoming an AWHONN Fetal Heart Monitoring Intermediate Course Instructor. Join the more than 3,000 professionals who have earned this prestigious designation and help other clinicians along their journey of fetal monitoring education
Supporting Resource: The text entitled Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles & Practices is the reference for course preparation.
Criteria for Participation
The minimum requirements for participating in this course include:
- Current AWHONN membership.
- Successful completion of the current Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course within 3 years previous to the Intermediate Instructor Course.
- Minimum of 2 years recent direct clinical experience in fetal monitoring.
- Current direct clinical involvement in fetal monitoring as a staff nurse, physician, manager, clinical nurse specialist, or educator. Current responsibility for the evaluation of fetal monitoring clinical skills of others.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development in intrapartum, antepartum, high risk care and fetal monitoring.
CNE Contact Hours
To obtain 8 contact hours of CNE, participants must attend the entire course and complete an online feedback form.
AWHONN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AWHONN also holds a California BRN number California CNE provider #CEP580
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by AWHONN or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an activity.
Applicants who cancel fewer than 7 days prior to class or fail to attend at all, may not be eligible for a refund or for credit on a future training date.
Please call the Mother/Baby Care Administration office at 608.417.7491 (M-F) daytime hours or e-mail email@example.com with any questions you have.