The first year of a child's life is a shocking whirlwind of diapers, naps, and feedings; not necessarily in that order. As the dad of a young child, it is easy to feel unsure of what to do and often times feel unimportant in comparison to all that is needed for raising a young child. Fathers are more than just providers or peacekeepers. Fathers fill a vital role in raising a child. This 3-hour class will focus how to step into the father role with confidence. Once you feel like a confident father it is easy to move from Daddy Daze to the wonder of Daddy Days.
Class topics will include:
- What makes fathers different (and amazing!)
- Tricks of parenting
- Building a strong relationship with your child
- The many hats of fatherhood
- Question and Answer time for your ideas
Workshop will be facilitated by Jeremy Pieper, Child & Family Therapist and Clinical Specialist at Meriter's Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health unit and Andrew Granquist, Mental Health Specialist at Meriter’s Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health unit.
This class in intended for dads-to-be and those with children up to 1 year of age. Dads with babies younger than 9 months old are welcome & encouraged to bring their children to class!
Important Class Information
- This class meets at the Meriter Business Center - 2650 Novation Pkwy, Madison (off Rimrock Road).
- Please arrive on time for your class to ensure entrance into the building.
- This offering may be eligible for wellness rewards or reimbursement. Please check with your health insurance provider for program details. (Quartz | Group Health Cooperative)
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
- A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class start date.
- A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the class start date.
Please complete your registration online by clicking the "Register Now" button above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608) 417-8446.