This class was designed for the beginning practitioner with limited knowledge or experience with maternal-fetal monitoring. The class will provide basic concepts and principles needed to manage the care of women and their families during the antepartum and intrapartum periods. The class will address:
- Issues regarding perinatal malpractice
- Maternal-fetal physiology
- Methods of monitoring the fetus,
- Systematic analysis of the fetal monitor tracing
- Documentation and communication
- Opportunity to practice and interpret tracings
Class participants will receive a learner’s manual developed by Wisconsin Association of Perinatal Care (WAPC). A pre-test will be administered as a measure to identify knowledge level.
Applicants who cancel less than 7 days prior to class or fail to attend at all, may not be eligible for a refund or for credit on a future training date. Please call the Mother/Baby Care Administration office at 608.417.7491 (M-F) daytime hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have.
October 20 in McConnell Hall - classroom #4
December 17 in 2N Waubesa conf room near OB Triage