This class was designed for the beginning practitioner with limited knowledge or experience with maternal-fetal monitoring. The class will provide basic concepts and principles needed to manage the care of women and their families during the antepartum and intrapartum periods. The class will address:
- Issues regarding perinatal malpractice
- Maternal-fetal physiology
- Methods of monitoring the fetus,
- Systematic analysis of the fetal monitor tracing
- Documentation and communication
- Opportunity to practice and interpret tracings
Class participants will receive a learner’s manual developed by Wisconsin Association of Perinatal Care (WAPC). A pre-test will be administered as a measure to identify knowledge level.