Join us online to learn about childbirth as we discuss, recognizing labor, the use of comfort techniques, what your support person can do, medications options, operative and surgical birth procedures and decision-making skills for a fulfilling and confident birth experience.
An instructor with expertise in childbirth and family support will meet with you virtually for two 90-minute instructional sessions on two nights during the week for which you register. The virtual sessions will allow you to connect with the instructor who can answer your questions in real time. To supplement your virtual learning, you will receive a web app card mailed directly to you titled "Understanding Birth."
You only need to register for the start date of the 2-class series.
We recommend also registering for Baby's First Weeks-Virtual and Basics of Breastfeeding-Virtual. Registrants who sign up for all three virtual classes, will receive a $15 refund to the credit card they used to pay.
Current Class Series
- Tuesday and Thursday, September 1 & 3, 2020 - 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Monday and Wednesday, September 14 & 16, 2020 - 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday, October 6 & 8, 2020 - 6:00-7:30
Registration includes a GoToMeeting invite for two virtual sessions during the week for which you register. Each registrant will receive a web app card in the mail that will provide access to online information of the content of this class.
Important Class Information
- It is recommended that you being classes after your first trimester and plan to complete your classes by your 34th week of pregnancy.
- This class is designed for you and one adult support person
- This class meets virtually using GoToMeeting.
- You may view our online Birthing Center Tour at your convenience.
- This offering may be eligible for wellness rewards or reimbursement. Please check with your health insurance provider for program details. (Quartz/ Group Health Cooperative)
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
- A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class start date.
- A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the class start date.
- In the event of inclement weather or instructor illness, and the Women's Health Education Department cancels a class, there is no financial penalty to the student. The student will be offered the opportunity to attend a class at a later date. If the student is unable to rescheduled, a refund will be issued.
Please complete your registration online b clicking one of the "Register Now" buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608)417-8446.
Choosing a doctor for your baby is one of many important decisions you will make as a parent. Let us help you find a provider that fits you and your child's unique needs!