Presented by a registered nurse, this one-hour session will teach participants about diabetes prevention and steps families can take to reduce their risk and stay healthy.
The session will cover:
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Complications of diabetes
- Risk factors
- Assessing individual risk
- Screening tests
- How to reduce your risk (exercise, nutrition and stress management)
- How to read a food label
- Where to find more information and resources
Handouts on the topic and a small gift will be available for participants at the end of the session.
This program will be held at the Meriter Business Center and is being offered in partnership with the Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation.
There is no charge for this program, but advanced registration is required.
To cancel your registration, please contact the Women’s Health Education Department at