Learn about the advantages of breastfeeding, and receive tips for a positive and successful experience. Learn to recognize your baby's hunger cues, how to properly position your baby to feed, and how to make sure the latch is correct. During this virtual class, a lactation specialist will guide you through the basics of breastfeeding in the early days and weeks.
This virtual offering will allow you to connect with the instructor who can answer your questions in real time. To supplement your virtual learning, registrants of this course will receive a web app card titled “Understanding Breastfeeding.”
Current Class Offerings
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 16, 2020 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 14, 2020 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 7, 2021 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 11, 2021 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 17, 2021 - 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 25, 2021 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Registration includes a meeting invite for the virtual session for which you register. Each registrant will receive an e-card in the mail that will provide access to online information of the content of this class.
- It is recommended that you begin classes after your first trimester and plan to complete your classes by your 34th week of pregnancy.
- This class is designed for you, plus one adult support person.
- This class meets virtually.
- You may view our online Birthing Center Tour at your convenience.
- This offering may be eligible for wellness rewards or reimbursement. Please check with your health insurance provider for program details. (Quartz/Group Health Cooperative)
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
- A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class start date.
- A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the class start date.
- In the event of inclement weather or instructor illness, and the Women's Health Education Department cancels a class, there is no financial penalty to the student. The student will be offered the opportunity to attend a class at a later date. If the student is unable to rescheduled, a refund will be issued.
Please complete your registration online by clicking one of the "Register Now" buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education office at (608)417-8446.
Choosing a doctor for your baby is one of the many important decisions you will make as a parent. Let us help you find a provider that fits you and your child's unique needs!