Presented by a registered nurse, this one-hour educational session on dementia will teach participants about different dementias with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease.
The session will cover:
- The common diseases that cause dementia
- Other conditions that mimic dementia
- Signs and symptoms
- Risk factors
- How to diagnose dementia
- Why diagnosis is important
- Treatment options
- Caregivers: Who they are and what support is out there
- Strategies to maintain a healthy brain
- Available resources
Handouts on the topic and a small gift will be available for participants at the end of the session.
This program will be held at the Meriter Business Center and is being offered in partnership with the Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation.
There is no charge for this program, but advanced registration is required.
To cancel your registration, please contact the Women’s Health Education Department at (608) 417-8446.