Your baby will be born eager to get to know you. We are just as eager for you to learn about your baby. This class covers the characteristics, sensory skills and abilities of a newborn. It also covers the basics of infant care, car seat skills, common concerns and when to seek medical advice. Be better prepared for your homecoming so that you will fully enjoy your first weeks together.
An experienced newborn care nurse will meet with you virtually. This virtual offering will allow you to connect with the instructor who can answer your questions in real time. To supplement your virtual learning, registrants of this course will receive a web app card titled "Understanding Your Newborn."
Current Class Offerings
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 24, 2021 - 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 - 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Registration includes a meeting invite for the virtual session for which you register. Each registrant will receive a web app card in the mail that will provide access to online information of the content of this class.
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
- A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class start date.
- A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the class start date.
- In the event of inclement weather or instructor illness, and the Women's Health Education Department cancels a class, there is no financial penalty to the student. The student will be offered the opportunity to attend a class at a later date. If the student is unable to reschedule, a refund will be issued.
Please complete your registration online by clicking one of the "Register Now" buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608)417-8446.
Choosing a doctor for your baby is one of many important decisions you will make as a parent. Let us help you find a provider that fits you and your child's unique needs!