UPDATE: As healthcare workers dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, your health and safety is important to us. In order to protect our healthcare teams by social distancing, we will maintain classes but have limited seating.
2. Intrapartum (Labor & Birth) Physiology & Complications
- Trauma-informed care for laboring families
- Updated standards of labor progression
- Safe prevention of primary cesareans
- Labor support skills & nursing care 1st & 2nd stage
- Support of physiologic birth
- Maternal & fetal stressors
- Labor induction/oxytocin use/neuraxial analgesia
- Labor complications/emergencies (assisted vaginal delivery, shoulder dystocia, umbilical cord prolapse, breech)
- Precipitous birth & birth hand maneuvers
- Acute respiratory failure
- Amniotic fluid embolism, VTE, Pulmonary embolism
Simulations: Labor and support & delivery maneuvers, assisted delivery, shoulder dystocia, & neonatal resuscitation
Participants may choose to take 1, 2 or all 3 classes based on their professional needs. Classes are offered once per quarter and are held at the Center for Healthcare Education and Simulation (CHES), 2001 W. Beltline Highway, Suite 305 Madison 53713.
Applicants who cancel less than 7 days prior to class or fail to attend at all, may not be eligible for a refund or for credit on a future training date.
Please call the Mother/Baby Care Administration office at 608.417.7491 (M-F) daytime hours or e-mail email@example.com with any questions you have or need to reschedule/cancel.
- February 5
- April 22 - GoToMeeting 8 AM-12 PM (no simulations)
- June 29
- August 12
- October 5
- December 7