Hospital Happenings at UnityPoint Health - Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Thanks for checking out our Hospital Happenings!
Health care and the well-being of our communities is important to all of us. We are proud to be your community hospital and feel honored to serve our patients and their families. As part of our mission, we strive to provide exemplary health care to our communities.
From health education and screenings to community support and events, we want you to know how much you matter to this world. People are amazing. We help keep them that way.
Content changes periodically to reflect most current events.
A Season of Reflection and Gratitude
"I am proud of our incredible team members today and every day. During this unprecedented year, they have kept the care of our patients and communities first.
Please keep taking precautions to protect your loved ones and our GRMC family so that we can continue to show up every day, to care for you. Wishing you a healthy and happy season of thanks!"
-Jennifer Havens, Chief Executive Officer
We are here for our communities.
- The Grinnell Regional Medical Center Emergency Department is open 24/7 to care for you and your loved ones. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, do not delay care. Call 911 or come to the Emergency Department.
- We have a team of primary care providers and specialists to help keep your wellness on point. UnityPoint Health encourages patients to keep up with preventative care such as wellness visits, vaccinations and care for chronic conditions. We have processes in place to keep you safe. Contact your doctor - options are available for virtual visits.
- November is National Diabetes Awareness Month. We have registered dietitians who provide nutrition experience and expertise as well as a care coordinator to help keep you healthy.
- When you're expecting, you expect the very best care - for yourself and your baby. Our team of obstetric medical professionals is accepting new patients. We know you may have questions and concerns about having a baby right now, but we are here for you! Email us or call (641) 236-2324 for more information.
- It's important to do what you can to prevent illness during this pandemic - that includes getting the flu shot. Read more about flu shot options at UnityPoint Health - Grinnell.
We know you may still have questions about where to go for the care you need at this time. No matter the type of care you need, or the way you need it - we're here, every day, safe and ready.