UnityPoint Health - Grinnell Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic
Today's Hours: 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Women's Health Services
Wherever you are in your world, you're the center of ours. The providers at UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic specialize in women's medical care and offer a wide range of services for girls and women of all ages, including gynecology, reproductive health, obstetrics, midwife services and more! Our OB/GYN providers partner with you and your primary care provider to optimize your health and well-being at every age.
Areas of Expertise
Whether you are starting a family, have a child approaching puberty or are struggling with menopause, we can help. Call (641) 236-2905 to schedule an appointment. Our areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
- Adolescent Gynecology
- Contraception, including but not limited to:
- Tubal Ligation
- IUD (intrauterine device)
- Emergency Contraception
- Preparing for Pregnancy
- Fertility Evaluation
- Recurrent Miscarriages
- Well Woman Exam/Annual Physical
- PAP Smears
- Menstrual Conditions
- Pelvic Pain
- Vulvar Conditions
- Pelvic Prolapse
- Incontinence (loss of bladder control)
- Ovarian Cysts/Polyps
- Abnormal Bleeding/Spotting
- Obstetric/Maternity Care
You will see your healthcare provider a lot during your pregnancy. That is why it is important you choose someone you enjoy and trust. Most pregnant women have 10 to 15 prenatal visits.
Typically, an expecting mother will visit with a health care provider every four weeks until 28 weeks, then every two weeks until 36 weeks, and then weekly until the baby is born. However, the number of times you visit your healthcare provider may vary because of your medical history or pregnancy complications.
The ultimate goal of prenatal appointments is to see how your pregnancy is proceeding and to ensure you and your baby are healthy. It's also an opportunity to provide you with additional information and to answer any of questions or concerns. Your health care provider will check your weight, urine and blood pressure; check the position of your baby, measure your abdomen, listen to your baby's heartbeat, and perform other exams or tests as needed.
After your healthcare provider is done with the physical examination, they will review their findings with you. It's important to understand and expect normal changes as your pregnancy proceeds and to know what warning signs to look for. To have a healthy baby it's important to make appropriate lifestyle choices, including eating healthy and avoiding alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
Most women find their prenatal appointments are over in just 10 minutes. While sometimes disappointing, this is a sure sign you and your baby are healthy and right on track. If you're concerned about not getting enough time to accurately voice your feelings to your healthcare provider, write down a few questions or concerns before you go into your appointment to make sure your questions or concerns are addressed. By doing this, you will be more likely to remember to ask any questions or share any concerns with your healthcare provider.
- Lactation Services - We have six certified lactation team members who can assist with latching, provide tips for milk production and provide support throughout your journey.
- Parenting Classes - We offer in-person and virtual classes to assist you throughout your journey.
- Postpartum Depression - Women go through a lot of emotional, physical and hormonal changes when having a baby. The most common postpartum mood disorder is Postpartum Depression (PPD). About 1 out of 5 mothers get postpartum depression. You are not alone and you are not to blame. Talk to your provider and learn how we can help you.
We are committed to providing you and your family with quick, convenient access to quality primary care service. Our primary care providers are ready to care for you and your growing family.
- UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Family Practice Clinic
- UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Montezuma Medical Clinic