Walk-In Wellness Screenings
Allen Laboratory is now offering several wellness tests (normally not covered by insurance) at a reduced cost on a cash basis. These tests do not require a physician's order or an appointment.
When you arrive at the location convenient for you, go directly to the lab to register and pay for your tests. Cash or check accepted; no debit or credit cards. Your insurance will not be billed. You may submit to your HSA account. See locations and hours at right.
Blood Tests Available
- Well Chemistry Profile (20 tests) — $40
- 12-hour fasting required for this test
- Complete Blood Count — $15
- Hepatitis C Virus — $30
- Glycohemoglobin (Hgb A1c) — $20
- A1c is used to monitor the long-term control of blood glucose concentrations on diabetic patients. It reflects the glucose level over time. It is not a substitute for daily glucose monitoring.
- TSH (Thyroid) — $25
- Higher than normal TSH levels are most often due to an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism). Lower than normal levels may be due to an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism).
- PSA (Prostate) — $25
- Prostate specific antigen is a substance normally produced by the prostate gland. Elevated PSA levels may indicate prostate cancer or a noncancerous condition such as prostatitis or an enlarged prostate. A PSA blood test is only one part of the screen for prostate cancer.
- Vitamin D — $40
- ABO Rh — $15