Trinity Muscatine Friends
To promote and advance the welfare of Trinity Muscatine through ways approved by the governing board of Trinity Muscatine. This shall be accomplished by interpretation of Trinity Muscatine to the public, through service to Trinity Muscatine and its patients, and through fundraising in a manner satisfactory to Trinity Muscatine governing board and in harmony with the planning of the community.
Become a Member
Membership in Trinity Muscatine Friends runs from September 1 through August 31 of each year. While payment is required for membership, there are several membership distinctions available:
- Active: Annual $10 membership for anyone wishing to participate in the services of the Trinity Muscatine Friends. All active volunteers are required to wear the official Trinity Muscatine Friends uniform while on duty.
- Junior: Annual $5 membership for students ages 16-18, who serve actively on one or more Trinity Muscatine Friends service.
- Associate: A $15 membership for those wishing to serve only in a financial capacity. You will not be asked to participate in a service.
- Life: This membership is $150 and payable over a two year period. This payment exempts the member from further payment of dues, and the money received is designated for the Health Education Fund. Life members' names are engraved on leaves placed on the Friends' Life Membership Tree in the hospital. Life members may participate in services of Trinity Muscatine Friends as they wish.
Trinity Muscatine Friends Services
Volunteers provide patient comfort and support in many service areas including:
- Friends Newsletter
- Calling Committee
- Day of Surgery Lounge
- Flower and Mail Delivery
- Project Planning
- Trinity Muscatine Grounds Beautification
- Patient Information Desk
- The Window Box
Trinity Muscatine Friends Projects
Throughout the year we also support the following projects and programs:
- Plush toys are given to comfort pediatric surgical patients.
- Short-stay pediatric patients are given a keepsake as a memory of their visit.
- Baby spoons are given to new babies.
- Scholarships are awarded to area high school seniors, college students, relatives of Trinity Muscatine Friends and dependents of Trinity Muscatine employees.
- The Trinity Muscatine Employee Appreciation Day is held in May. Trinity Muscatine Friends bake goodies for this annual event.
- Fundraising Events: Book Fairs, Jewelry Fairs, Linen Sales, Plant Sales, Candy Sales, Bake Sales.
Health Education Fund
The Health Education Fund (HEF) is available to residents in the Trinity Muscatine service area who are working towards a health care degree or a certificate recognized by the respective State Licensing Board. The loan is interest free, payable after commencement and will not exceed $8,000 per student.
For information and consideration, you may call the HEF Chairperson or mail your request.
Health Education Fund Chairperson
1518 Mulberry Avenue
Muscatine IA, 52761