UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care - Sunnybrook
Today's Hours: 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
If you have a serious or life-threatening medical emergency, call 911 immediately. For immediate help with a mental health crisis, including suicidal thoughts, call 988.
We know it can be frustrating when you or a loved one isn't feeling well. Please be kind. We want to get you better as soon as possible. We're doing our best, so you can feel your best. Our walk-in clinics are experiencing very high volumes which can create extended wait times. We are asking patients to select your arrival time online to ensure you are seen by a provider. Before seeking walk-in care, please check with your primary care provider for same-day appointments or get care at home using UnityPoint Health online care.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
With the convenience of online check-in at UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care and UnityPoint Clinic - Express, you can find the relief you need at a time that's best for you. After submitting the secure online form, you will receive a confirmation text message about your upcoming visit.
Please note: A given time is not a set appointment and you may have to wait after your projected time. Wait times are an estimated calculation based off the number of individuals currently waiting in the clinic and the number of individuals who are scheduled to arrive. Your estimated wait time is subject to change - new patients arrive frequently and have different medical needs. Because these are estimates, your personal experience may vary.
What Type of Appointment Do I Need?
Primary Care encompasses the comprehensive treatment of a number of diseases in symptoms and specialties including pediatrics, internal medicine and family medicine. Rather than specializing in one particular area of medicine, the physician is trained to meet all the needs of patients as one point of contact. Examples of symptoms and conditions treated by a primary care provider can include:
- Minor medical problems and injuries
- Physicals/Sports Physicals
- Medicine Checks
- Long Term Care
- Medication Refill
- Ongoing Symptoms (ex: Continued Back Pain)
- Care or Treatment Planning
- Disease Management
- Managing Existing Conditions (Migraines, Depression, Anxiety, Arthritis, etc.)
- Substance Abuse
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes and obesity
- Skin problems
Urgent Care and Express treat minor medical problems and injuries that are not life-threatening, but need the attention of a health care provider. These are not an alternative to the emergency room, but offer the ability to get care without an appointment for all patient ages. Urgent Care is available after hours, weekends and holidays. Our Urgent Care Clinics can provide medical treatment for minor illness and injuries such as:
- Cuts (stitches)
- Earaches or ear infections
- Minor medical problems and injuries
- Minor eye care
- Fractures (x-ray on-site at most locations)
- Sore throats
- Sprains, including sprained ankles (x-ray on-site at most locations)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Yeast Infections
- Certain rapid tests
Please note: Flu shots and physicals and/or sports physicals need to be scheduled with your primary care provider.
*If you are experiencing chest pain or shortness of breath, please go to the Emergency Department or call 911 immediately. For less serious medical issues, such as physicals, medication refills or to leave a message for your primary care doctor, you can access your My UnityPoint patient portal 24/7!
Connect with a UnityPoint Health provider online using MyUnityPoint to access virtual urgent care or SmartExam. Virtual care doctors can diagnose, recommend treatment and prescribe medication when necessary. Available every day, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for individuals 18 years and older located in the state of Iowa
Emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for severe or life-threatening conditions. Conditions that require ER care include excessive bleeding, broken bones, chest pain or trouble breathing. Emergency services include diagnostic testing and access to specialists.
Sunnybrook Medical Plaza is home to several services that UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's and UnityPoint Clinic provide in collaboration with physician partners, all in one convenient location:
- UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine
- UnityPoint Clinic Pediatrics
- UnityPoint Clinic Foot and Ankle
- UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care
- UnityPoint Clinic Physical Therapy
- UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation
- UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Cardiology Services/Cardiovascular Associates
- UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Imaging and Breast Screening Services
- UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Infusion Services
- UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Lab Services