Dietitian & Nutrition Services
Eating healthy is important to staying well. It is also an important part of preventing, treating or managing health conditions. The registered dietitians/nutritionists at Finley Hospital assess nutritional needs and make recommendations regarding diet, exercise and other treatment plans.
Our dietitians can help you with the prevention or management of:
- Diabetes and pre-diabetes (through the Kehl Diabetes Center)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Weight loss or management
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Celiac disease
- Digestive disorders
- Food allergies (peanuts, eggs, dairy, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, soy, wheat and more)
Our clinical dietitians provide comprehensive acute nutrition care including education and support. Our goal is to give every patient the best outcome every time by providing:
- Nutrition assessments, physical assessments and nutrition care plans
- Physician-ordered disease specific meals for treatment and healing
- Nutrition education
- Contact to other home care agencies as needed
Outpatient Services Include:
Our outpatient nutrition consultations and counseling sessions take place with a registered dietitian. Here is what you can expect:
- Initial nutrition consultation: A registered dietitian will review your health history, medications, food choices, behaviors and health goals. That information will help you and your dietitian develop a nutrition and wellness plan tailored to your needs and lifestyle. This consultation appointment is approximately 60 minutes.
- Follow-up sessions: After completing the initial nutrition consultation, you'll begin ongoing nutrition counseling. These follow-up sessions will be 15-30 minutes each.
Some medical insurances will cover the cost of nutrition counseling with a physician's referral. Check with your insurance prior to your visit.
Schedule an Appointment
A provider referral is required for all nutrition counseling, also known as "Medical Nutrition Therapy." To schedule an appointment, call (563) 557-2887.