Volunteer Services is accepting new volunteer applications. UnityPoint Health requires all team members, including volunteers, to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Due to COVID, we have a
limited selection of volunteer opportunities available at this time. Your safety and comfort with volunteering is
important to us. St. Luke's is providing
COVID-19 precaution training to all volunteers by assignment.
There are many reasons St. Luke's Hospital has such a strong corps of volunteers. Some volunteer for the opportunity to meet new people and feel connected to the community. Others want to be connected to a healthcare environment to explore careers and learn new skills. Many find fulfillment and purpose in giving of their expertise for the good of others.
For more than 50 years, St. Luke's Hospital has attracted volunteers from all walks of life. We are always looking for new volunteers ages 14 years and up. Contact us to find out how you can join the St. Luke's Hospital volunteer program.
- High school and college students
- Adults of all ages and walks of life
- Couples and families
- Those seeking on-the-job experience - a perfect "building block" on any resume or a good start to a career in healthcare.
- Those seeking careers in healthcare - great experience before you declare a major in the field.
- Retirees - stay active and share your knowledge, compassion and experience.
Volunteers help make dreams become reality. In a community, volunteering brings people together for a common cause and provides participants with a true opportunity to make a difference. Volunteering not only helps others...it helps you!
- Volunteering is fun and rewarding.
- Meet new people & make new friends.
- Receive formal and informal recognition for a "job well-done!"
- Get personal satisfaction from helping others.
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in healthcare.
- Explore careers in the healthcare field.
Areas of Interest
Review the list of volunteer opportunities. Note the areas that interest you.
Ready to get started?
- Complete our online volunteer application or call (319) 369-7213 to request an application via mail. Once you have submitted your application you will be contacted the next business day to schedule a 2-hour New Volunteer Meeting.
- You can find more information on the full volunteer on-boarding process here.
Watch our video to learn more about volunteering