Primary Care in Cedar Rapids
Taking care of yourself is still important during this time. We're making it easier to get Safe Care, Your Way with masking policies, virtual waiting room and scheduled virtual visits. Please see our COVID-19 information page for information.
Find a Doctor Near You
Establishing care with a doctor at UnityPoint Health has never been easier! To schedule the next available appointment near you, simply give us a call at (319) 558-4858, Request An Appointment Online or find a doctor accepting new patients below. Already have a primary care provider? Log into your MyUnityPoint patient portal to schedule an appointment today.
Our team of primary care doctors are located in more than 20 clinic locations throughout Cedar Rapids, Hiawatha, Marion and beyond and offer specialties in:
- Family medicine (for patients of all ages)
- Internal medicine (for adult patients only) - Internal medicine providers specialize in preventive care and managing simple to complex medical conditions. An internist is at the center of your care, and will coordinate your healthcare with other medical specialists as needed.
- Pediatrics (for children from birth through adolescence)
What to Expect at Your Appointment
In order for us to surround you with care and clear communications, it is important that you have a doctor who knows your unique medical background and understands what's important to you.
When you have a physician you know and trust, you will feel confident that your provider is leading a team of health care professionals to surround you with care. Your primary care provider has the resources, network and background necessary to identify when it is best to refer you to a specialist or if care in your home might be ideal.
Before your appointment:
- Transfer over your medical records prior to your visit for an easier transition by using this form.
- Sign up for a MyUnityPoint patient portal account to communicate with your provider, manage appointments, access test results, and request prescription refills. A UnityPoint Clinic patient service representative would be happy to assist with your account registration at your appointment if you prefer.
During your appointment, make sure:
- You're comfortable talking to the physician.
- The physician answers all your questions.
- The physician explains things in a way that you can understand.
- You had enough time to ask all your questions.
It can take time to build a relationship with a physician, so be patient with the process, but if you know the fit isn't right, make sure you take the time to find the UnityPoint Health physician that is right for you or your loved one.