Why Meriter is Different
UnityPoint Health – Meriter isn't your typical employer. We truly value the health, happiness and well-being of our employees, our patients and our community. And here, it's more than just good intentions. It's something we achieve each day.
In the Community
As a nonprofit and home to Madison's only community hospital, UnityPoint Health – Meriter is devoted to making a positive impact far beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics through both our community relations department and the Meriter Foundation. We're proud to invest tens of millions of dollars in the community each year, including:
- Free or deeply discounted care for those who can't afford to pay their medical bills
- Health education, outreach and screenings for the greater community
- Subsidized health services, like child & adolescent psychiatry, the Forensic Nurse Examiner Program for victims of abuse and addiction programs.
- Outreach programs like Helping Education and Link the Homeless (HEALTH) and Paramedicine, a partnership with the Madison Fire Department.
- Support of other nonprofits devoted to improving health in the community, like the the Foundation for Black Women's Wellness, March of Dimes and Rape Crisis Center.
Click here to view our Community Benefit Report.
In the Workplace
UnityPoint Health – Meriter is more than a place you go for a paycheck. We want you to be motivated to come to work each day and be proud to work here.
It's why we have strong employee recognition programs to ensure your hard work is being acknowledged and you have opportunities to grow and expand your career, like ongoing training and tuition assistance. We also offer employee wellness programs, recreational discounts and strong financial benefits to make sure your whole person is cared for.
That same attitude extends to our patients. Our goal as an organization is to care for the whole patient, not just the disease. We are committed to achieving service excellence in everything we do and are always looking for ways to improve the care we provide. We look to our staff to create, develop, nurture and implement constant process improvement. It's that drive that has helped Meriter become a leader in health care, earning national recognition for patient satisfaction and clinic excellence.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) 5-Star Overall Hospital Rating (2016)
- Truven Health Analytics - 100 Top Hospitals (2016, 2015, 2011 & 2010)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (2016)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, 2016 Edition Best Hospitals, US News & World Report
- Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) UnityPoint At Home (2016)
- Mission: Lifeline Bronze Plus Receiving Center Award (2015)
- InBusiness Magazine, Top Madison Company to Work For (2014)
- Most Wired (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Innovative Best Practice Award for Patient-Centered Care (2012, 2013)
- Top Pediatric Doctor Rating in the nation (2013, 2014)
- Top Adult Doctor Rating in the nation (2013)
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2009-2012)
- Top Patient Experience scores from Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WCHQ) (2013)