General Visiting Information
Visiting Hours at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
Visitors may include, but are not limited to, a spouse, domestic partner (including a same sex domestic partner), another family member, friend. Visitors can expect fair treatment without any concern for race, color, sex, national origin, age religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or other protected class as defined by federal, state or local law.
Family members and friends are always welcome, but we appreciate your assistance with the following requests:
- Please wash your hands or use alcohol sanitizer before and after visiting.
- Short visits may be best so your loved one gets the rest they need. After 8 p.m., we ask that only immediate family members visit.
- If a late visit is needed after 8 p.m., please come through the emergency department entrance.
- Help to keep areas quiet.
- We ask for no more than two visitors at a time; other family may go to the waiting areas.
- If you are not feeling well, or have been exposed to a contagious disease, please postpone your visit.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room for patient privacy when tests or procedures are taking place.
Our locations provide free parking for visitors 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Wireless Internet Access
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines has wireless service available for patients and visitors. To access the network, find the wireless service called "UnityPoint Guest WiFi," and open a browser.
Our three hospital gift shops offer a wide variety of gifts. Gift shop hours vary by location. Visitors with loved ones at Iowa Methodist or Methodist West may also place orders through our Online Gift Shop.
Chapels & Chaplains
Our chapels are always open for visitors of all faiths for prayer and meditation. Everyone is invited to attend non-denominational worship services each Sunday.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center
Jeanne Hoff Goodwin chapel is located on the first floor between the north and south wings and also can be accessed by the second floor of North and South wings. Everyone is invited to attend non-denominational worship services in the chapel each Sunday from 10 to 10:30 a.m., or to view the service from a hospital television on channel 17.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Fridolf A. Hanson Memorial Chapel is located on the first floor near the gift shop. It is always open to visitors of all faiths for prayer and meditation. Everyone is invited to attend workshop services in the chapel each Sunday from 10 to 10:30 a.m., or view the service from a hospital television on channel 15.
Methodist West Hospital
The Chapel is located on the second floor, between the main lobby and the Emergency Department. Additional worship services may be offered for you, your family and friends in the Chapel.
Chaplains are available for patients and families for supportive visits and pastoral care. To request a visit, notify the nursing staff or contact the hospital operator.