We at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines believe a strong support system is essential to the health and well-being of families. For the safety of our patients, there may be periodic changes made to our visiting guidelines. We recommend reviewing our Visitor Policy for the most up-to-date guidelines.
- During labor and delivery please limit the number of people in the room for the safety of the patient.
- Please allow a two hour recovery period for mom and baby following the delivery.
- All visitors, including siblings, must be 16 years of age or older.
- If anyone planning to visit is not feeling well or has been exposed to any illness, we ask them to postpone their visit until they are well.
- Visitors are asked to wash their hands when entering the room and before touching the baby.
- Rest while you can. If you wish to have more private time with your baby or sleep undisturbed, your telephone can be unplugged and a "Please do not disturb, mother resting" sign can be placed on your door.