To keep you and your loved ones safe during the global outbreak of COVID-19, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines is restricting visitors at our facilities. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will continue to monitor the situation for future tours. Please check here for our current Visitor Restrictions and follow the Blank Children's Facebook page for updates and information.
We at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines believe a strong support system is essential to the health and well-being of families. Please use this information as a guideline for family and friends who wish to visit while you are in the hospital. These guidelines will be customized to your individual needs. For the safety of our patients, there may be periodic changes made to our visiting guidelines.
- During labor and delivery please limit the number of people in the room for the safety of the patient.
- Please allow a two hour recovery period for mom and baby following the delivery.
- Friends, family and the baby's siblings are welcome to visit. When your baby's sibling(s) come to the hospital, please have an adult other than yourself supervise them. This is especially important if they leave your room.
- If anyone planning to visit is not feeling well or has been exposed to any illness, we ask them to postpone their visit until they are well.
- Visitors are asked to wash their hands when entering the room and before touching the baby.
- Rest while you can. If you wish to have more private time with your baby or sleep undisturbed, your telephone can be unplugged and a "Please do not disturb, mother resting" sign can be placed on your door.