Immediate care for emergency and trauma patients is critical, every minute counts. Call 9-1-1 and tell first responders to take you to Jones Regional Medical Center. At Jones Regional, we have an in-house, emergency doctor available 24 hours a day, seven days a week along with specially-trained nurses who are ready to respond rapidly, appropriately and efficiently to any health care emergency. On average, the Emergency Department at Jones Regional provides service to more than 7,000 patients each year.
For patients arriving to Jones Regional's Emergency Room in critical condition or those who need transportation to distant facilities, we have Anamosa Area Ambulance Service at Jones Regional available around-the-clock to help transport patients and other services that are listed below.
Jones Regional's Emergency Room is also a safe place for anyone needing help, especially victims of assault and human trafficking. Our team is here to care for you.
What Happens in the Emergency Room?
The Emergency Room is located right inside the main entrance of Jones Regional Medical Center. You will be greeted by our registration staff member, who will ask for your name and date of birth. You'll then be taken through the door next to registration to begin your treatment in one of the seven rooms that makes up the Emergency Department.
Our emergency team members will ask you questions, and you'll see a doctor who will provide treatment. Lab and radiology, including CT, are closely located to the Emergency Room to provide fast care to our patients.
If a patient arrives in critical condition and a higher level of care is needed, our ER team will stabilize the patient before making a safe and rapid transport to another facility.
Fast Facts about Jones Regional's Emergency Room
- Level IV Trauma Center designated by the State of Iowa.
- Emergency Department physicians are board certified or have training in advanced trauma life support, basic life support, and advanced cardiac life support.
- Nursing staff holds certifications in advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, trauma nurse core curriculum, emergency nurse pediatric core curriculum, and pediatric stabilization transport course (STABLE).
- Supports local ambulance services with medical direction and continuing education.
- Licensed Master of Social Work team member available to arrange home health care, nursing home placement, and other social-service functions specifically for the Emergency Department.
- Lab, Radiology and Respiratory Care are staffed 24/7 to assist the Emergency Department when needed.
- EMS personnel from Anamosa Area Ambulance supplement staff in the Emergency Room when they are available
- Ground ambulances and air ambulance* are available 24 hours a day:
* Available pending weather conditions