Main Entrance Door Hours
The doors at the Main Entrance of UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital lock at 8:30 p.m. However, there is a button to the right of the door where visitors can call in and be let into the facility. Please do not try to push open the doors.
Please be aware of these guidelines:
- Only two visitors per patient are recommended at one time.
- On patient care floors 3, 4, 5, and Intensive Care Unit, a quiet-time recommendation is in place from 1:30 until 3:30 p.m. to allow patients time to rest.
- If a patient is in isolation, visitors will be instructed to follow isolation precautions.
- Children must be with an adult visitor.
- All visitors should feel well and be free of any illness. (i.e. no rashes,colds, fevers and/or other communicable disease).
- Consider other patients needs when visitors are present.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands or use antiseptic hand gel before and after visiting.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines for These Locations
- Family Birthing Suites - This is a locked unit in order to provide extra safety for newborns. Visitors may use the intercom located to the right of the unit doors in order to be granted access into the unit by our staff. We ask that visitors know the first and last name of the patient they would like to visit. Hands must be washed with soap and water before visiting or holding newborns. Anyone with flu symptoms (cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat) should not visit. Visiting may be restricted during influenza season; children are not allowed to visit during this time.
- Recovery Room - Visiting is allowed only with permission and under the direction of the anesthesiologist, surgeon and director/designee.
- Summit Center - Visiting hours are 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily. No children under the age of 14 please.
- Pediatric Patients - Parents and grandparents may visit any time.
- Intensive Care Unit - Visiting hours: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Visitors are limited to the immediate family. No children under the age of 14 may visit. No cell phone use in ICU. In room overnight accommodations for family are not provided. Closed curtains indicate a need for privacy. Please return at a later time. Clergy may visit any time at patient's request.
Gifts for Patients
Flower Delivery/Flower Vending Case
Hy-Vee has a flower vending case outside of the Sunshine Circle Gift Shop. Flowers may be paid for in the Sunshine Circle Gift Shop during hours of operation or purchased over the phone by calling (563) 589-2429.
Wireless Internet access is now available at Finley Hospital. The areas with coverage will be designated by special signs that say "Wireless Hotspot." If our guests need assistance, they can call the customer-assistance toll-free number at 1-877-374-0229, which is available 24 hours a day.
Sending Cards or Mail to Patients
Please address mail to:
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
ATTN: Patient's name
350 North Grandview Avenue
Dubuque, IA 52001
You can also send a patient a free eCard from our website.
The Cafeteria is located on the first floor. Dining hours are:
Monday - Friday
Breakfast 6:30 -10:00 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Dinner 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
Breakfast 7:00 -10:00 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Hot meals, soup, sandwich station and salad bar are available during cafeteria hours. Vending machines are also available in the Cafeteria area. For a small fee, visitors may eat a meal with a patient in the patient's room.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
An ATM is located on the second floor next to the elevators by the gift shop. It is accessible 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
The Chapel is open 24-hours a day, and is located on first floor; any hospital employee will be happy to help you find it. If you are a patient who wants to use the chapel, please get permission from your nurse to leave your unit.