Main Entrance Door Hours
The Main Entrance of UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital will be closed from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Anyone wanting to enter the facility during this time should use the Emergency Room entrance along North Grandview Avenue. We appreciate your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Effective November 11, UnityPoint Health - Dubuque is allowing limited patient visitation. For the safety of our patients and staff, we are instituting the following visitation procedures. To arrange virtual visits, please contact the unit you would like to visit.
- Inpatients (ARU, 4 Med/Surg, 5 Med/Surg, ICU) are allowed four visitors per day (no more than 2 at a time) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Family Birthing Suites families are allowed four visitors per day (no more than 2 at a time) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. The unit does observe Quiet Hour from 1 to 2 p.m., so visitors should refrain from visiting during this time.
- Visitors with symptoms, such as loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever or chills, sore throat, body aches, nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea, should not enter the facility.
- Masks are required when visitors are in a patient's room, are experiencing respiratory symptoms, have had a known COVID-19 exposure in the past 10 days, or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Masking is strongly recommended in all other locations when in group settings.
- Visitors may come and go during visiting hours, but only the same visitors may return after leaving.
- No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed, except for end-of-life situations.
- Visitors are allowed only in patient rooms, designated waiting areas, cafeteria, gift shop, or restrooms.
- The cafeteria and vending areas are open to visitors to purchase food; however, the cafeteria does not accept cash payments. Visitors can eat in the dining area, as long as physical distancing is maintained. Visitors can also order room service by credit card only.
Area Specific Guidelines
- Family Birthing Suites: 4 people per family per day, with no more than 2 at a time, which is in addition to the support person, who is able to stay for the entire hospital stay. This visitor guideline also applies for babies in the NICU.
- Emergency Department: 2 visitors; if the patient is admitted, the inpatient visitor policy applies.
- Outpatient Areas, including radiology & laboratory: 2 visitors
- End of Life Patients: 2 visitors
- Surgery Services: 2 visitors, who will be asked to wait in patient's room or directed to a waiting area; if the patient is admitted, the inpatient visitor policy applies
- Behavioral Health: 2 visitors per day during the unit's visiting hours of 12:30 to 2 p.m. and 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Patients 17 years and younger: 2 parents/guardians, who must remain with them for the entire visit
- Caregivers: A caregiver is permitted to stay with a patient 24 hours a day, if deemed necessary for patient care.
- COVID-19 Positive Patients: 1 visitor; visitors for COVID-19+ patients must always adhere to PPE guidelines
- Chaplain/Clergy: May visit patients and are in addition to the patient's daily visitors
Visitor restrictions are in place at UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital to keep our patients and staff safe.
Gifts for Patients
Flower Delivery/Flower Vending Case
Sunshine Circle Gift Shop has a flower vending case outside of the gift shop. Flowers may be paid for in the Sunshine Circle Gift Shop during hours of operation or purchased over the phone by calling (563) 589-2429.
Wireless Internet access is now available at Finley Hospital. The areas with coverage will be designated by special signs that say "Wireless Hotspot." If our guests need assistance, they can call the customer-assistance toll-free number at 1-877-374-0229, which is available 24 hours a day.
Sending Cards or Mail to Patients
Please address mail to:
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
ATTN: Patient's name
350 North Grandview Avenue
Dubuque, IA 52001
You can also send a patient a free eCard from our website.
The Cafeteria is located on the first floor. Cash is not accepted in the Cafeteria, so please pay with a debit/credit card. Dining hours are:
Monday - Friday
Breakfast 6:30 -10:00 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Dinner 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
Breakfast 7:00 -10:00 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Hot meals, soup, sandwich station and salad bar are available during cafeteria hours. Vending machines are also available in the Cafeteria area and throughout the hospital. For a small fee, visitors may eat a meal with a patient in the patient's room by calling Room Service. Credit/debit card is required for this service.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
An ATM is located on the second floor next to the elevators by the gift shop. It is accessible 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
The Chapel is open 24-hours a day, and is located on first floor; any hospital employee will be happy to help you find it. If you are a patient who wants to use the chapel, please get permission from your nurse to leave your unit.