UnityPoint Health – Des Moines Young Advisory Council
What is the Young Advisory Council?
The Young Advisory Council at UnityPoint Health – Des Moines is comprised of enthusiastic young professionals, residents, and UnityPoint Health team members from the Central Iowa area. Members engage with UnityPoint Health – Des Moines Board Members and Senior Leaders to help expand our organization's knowledge and perspective of our community's growing needs.
The group was formed in 2017 to provide an opportunity to engage young professionals within Central Iowa to learn more about their perspective as well as foster community outreach and have them serve as brand ambassadors within our community.
What does Young Advisory Council ambassadorship look like?
- 10 to 15 volunteer members who range in age from 22 to 40.
- Members from diverse backgrounds and professions, such as finance, arts,construction, health care, education, marketing, law firms and more.
- Meetings held bi-monthly in Des Moines in the early evening for up to 2 hours.
- Members have access to UnityPoint Health – Des Moines board meetings.
- Members engage with UnityPoint Health –Des Moines Board Members and Senior Leaders to help expand our organization's knowledge and perspective of the community's growing needs.
- Members will effect age diversity on other boards within UnityPoint Health – Des Moines by serving as recruiters for our advisory boards and Board of Directors.
- Each meeting includes an educational session from a UnityPoint Health – Des Moines group/team.
- Members participate in organizational and philanthropic events.
- Members bring new ideas and energy to the Council.
Projections reveal that 20 percent of the Central Iowa population will be between the ages of 20 and 34 by 2019 . As the area attracts more young professionals, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines wants to continue to engage this population in improving the delivery of care to our community.
What other opportunities do Young Advisory Council members have access to?
As modern consumers of health care and early careerists from various industries, the members of this council will serve as ambassadors of UnityPoint Health – Des Moines. This group will also have the opportunity to foster greater community partnerships. In addition to raising community outreach efforts, members may be utilized to participate in the recruitment of young team members. This council will also stimulate age diversity on other boards within UnityPoint Health – Des Moines by acting as a tool for advisory board recruitment.
"We are privileged to have such a fine group of young professionals interested in engaging in the work we do here at UnityPoint Health – Des Moines," said David Stark, president and CEO, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines.
Young Advisory Council Officers
Shannon Draayer, Chair
Director of Health & Well-Being, WesleyLife
Ashley Hardt, Chair Elect
Legal Counsel, DLL Group
Young Advisory Council Members
Assistant Vice President - Private Banking, Bankers Trust
Marketing & PR Manager, Catch Des Moines
Account Manager, ZLR Ignition
Credit Analyst, Bankers Trust Company
Associate Attorney, Nyemaster Goode, P.C.
Director of Equity and Inclusion, Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Quality Engineering Manager, Accumold
Financial Advisor, UBS Financial Services, Inc.
Assessment Coordinator, Drake University
Vice President of Financial Planning & Wealth Management, Livewel Advisors
Account Executive, Holmes Murphy
Co-Founder, Writer and Graphic Designer, This Porphyria Life
Strategic Initiatives Specialist, Iowa Business Council
Membership and Training Coordinator, Iowa Coalition for Collective Change
Zero Suicide Project Evaluator, Iowa Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Abuse
Senior Specialist, Marketing and Communications, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
Clinic Administrator, OB/GYN and LGBTQ, UnityPoint Clinic
Nursing Supervisor, Cardiology, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines