UnityPoint Health – Des Moines Young Advisory Council
What is the Young Advisory Council?
The Young Advisory Council at UnityPoint Health – Des Moines is comprised of enthusiastic young professionals, residents, and UnityPoint Health team members from the Central Iowa area. Members engage with UnityPoint Health – Des Moines Board Members and Senior Leaders to help expand our organization's knowledge and perspective of our community's growing needs.
The group was formed in 2017 to provide an opportunity to engage young professionals within Central Iowa to learn more about their perspective as well as foster community outreach and serve as brand ambassadors within our community. View the Young Advisory Council brochure.
What does Young Advisory Council ambassadorship look like?
- 10 to 15 volunteer members who range in age from 22 to 40.
- Members from diverse backgrounds and professions, such as finance, arts, construction, health care, education, marketing, law firms and more.
- Meetings held bi-monthly in Des Moines for up to two hours.
- Members have access to UnityPoint Health – Des Moines board meetings.
- Members engage with UnityPoint Health –Des Moines Board Members and Senior Leaders to help expand our organization's knowledge and perspective of the community's growing needs.
- Members effect age diversity on other boards within UnityPoint Health – Des Moines by serving as recruiters for our advisory boards and Board of Directors.
- Each meeting includes an educational session from a UnityPoint Health – Des Moines group/team.
- Members participate in organizational and philanthropic events.
- Members bring new ideas and energy to the Council.
In 2019, 19.6 percent of the population in Iowa was between the ages of 20 and 34 years old. As Central Iowa attracts more young professionals, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines wants to continue to engage this population in improving the delivery of care to our community.
What other opportunities do Young Advisory Council members have access to?
As modern consumers of health care and early careerists from various industries, the members of this council serve as ambassadors of UnityPoint Health – Des Moines. This group also fosters greater community partnerships. In addition to raising community outreach efforts, members may participate in the recruitment of young team members. This council also stimulates age diversity on other boards within UnityPoint Health – Des Moines by acting as a tool for advisory board recruitment.
"We are privileged to have such a fine group of young professionals interested in engaging in the work we do here at UnityPoint Health – Des Moines," said David Stark, president and CEO, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines.
Young Advisory Council Officers
Lindsay Cannaday, Chair
Vice President of Business Development, Green State Credit Union
Chantelle Cadek, Vice Chair
Account Manager, ZLR Ignition
Young Advisory Council Members
House Supervisor, RN, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines
Director of Health and Well-Being, WesleyLife
Legal Counsel, DLL Finance LLC
Quality Engineering Manager, Accumold
Marketing & E-Commerce Manager, Hy-Vee
Regulatory Compliance Manager, Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division
Regional Operations Program Manager, UnityPoint Clinic
Director Patient Access, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines
Associate Attorney, BrownWinick
Patient Advocate (Writer and Speaker), Self employed
Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Dale Carnegie-Norman and Associates
Process Improvement Engineer, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines