Hospital-Based Outpatient Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy in Cedar Rapids
Our outpatient rehabilitation therapists work to improve the quality of life of patients throughout the Cedar Rapids area by increasing their ability to do everyday tasks.
Located on the sixth floor of the hospital, our experienced
therapists provide Cedar Rapids' most comprehensive physical, occupational and speech neurological and balance-oriented therapy for adults and adolescents, including:
- Individualized physical, occupational and speech-language therapy plans
- Treatment for speech-language, cognition, voice, and vocal cord dysfunction
- Seating and positioning clinic
- Orthotics- prosthetics clinic
- Driver evaluation
- Low vision evaluation and training
- Swallowing evaluation and treatment
- Community re-entry activities
- Spasticity management
- Body-weight supported treadmill gait training
- Vestibular and balance rehabilitation using Neurocom Balancemaster
- Falls reduction training
- Modified constraint-induced movement therapy
- Off-site pool therapy
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) bike
- Parkinson's disease LSVT BIG and LOUD therapy
- Music therapy
- Solo-Step® Fall Prevention System
Physical, occupational and speech therapy referrals
All patient evaluations and treatments are provided under a written
order by a physician or other healthcare provider such as a physician's
assistant or nurse practitioner.
Physical, occupational and speech therapy insurance
Physical, occupational and speech therapy services are billed as
outpatient therapy. Some insurance plans may require prior approval.
Check with your insurance company for requirements for prior approval
and therapy benefits. We can provide you with specific information such
as diagnostic and treatment codes if needed. St. Luke's Priceline at
(319) 369-7513 is also a resource for understanding therapy costs.
Patients are responsible for all payments not covered by insurance.
Physical, occupational and speech therapy patient information
Patients should arrive 20 minutes early on their first day of therapy
in order to register at the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation reception desk on the 6th floor. Hospital-based outpatient therapy is part of Physical Medicine
and Rehabilitation, located on the 6th floor of the hospital above the
West Entrance. Wear comfortable weather-appropriate exercise clothing and bring any braces
or gait devices currently in use, along with hearing aids and eye glasses.
Scheduling and cancellations outpatient rehabilitation
Call (319) 369-7331 to schedule or cancel you outpatient rehabilitation appointment.