Please view our current Visitor Restrictions here.
We are always pleased to have family members and friends visit. However, we also want children to have the rest and quiet they need to recovery. If you plan to visit your loved one in the hospital, we appreciate your assistance with the following requests:
- Short visits may be most beneficial for patients so they get the rest they need to recover. After 8 p.m., we request that only immediate families visit.
- If a late visit is necessary, you should be aware that only certain entrances are open. To enter the hospital after 10 p.m. at Iowa Methodist Medical Center, please come through the emergency department entrance on the North side of the hospital.
- Please be considerate of the patient you are visiting and help to maintain a quiet environment.
- We encourage no more than two visitors at a time. Waiting areas are provided for other family members.
- If you are not feeling well or have been exposed to a contagious disease, please postpone your visit.
- If a patient requests privacy, visitors may be asked to leave the room when tests or procedures are taking place.
- To ensure the safety of children on our premises, we ask that an adult parent or guardian always accompany children.