While we encourage family-centered care for those families in our NICU, our first priority is to protect all patients from illnesses. With that goal in mind, we have the following guidelines for visitors of the NICU:
- No visitors younger than 18 years of age (unless the parents).
- All family members need to be in good health. If you are not feeling well, please delay your visit to the NICU.
- All visitors need to wash their hands upon entering and leaving the patient rooms.
- Guidelines are subject to change based on illness outbreaks.
Because we know how important it is for the entire family to meet and bond with their new baby, we have guidelines in place for siblings. These guidelines were established to not only help protect the health of all babies in the NICU but also encourage time together for the family.
We have a set schedule for when siblings are welcome to visit the unit. Those times are:
- Seven days a week
- 12 to 8 p.m.
- There is no age restriction for siblings when visiting.
- To help prevent the spread of illness, all siblings will have to complete a short health screening each day they visit.
- We kindly request - for the health of all babies - that no other children visit the unit.