Request the Fire Safety House
2018 online registration is now open!
Please review the below general information prior to completing your Fire Safety House Request Form. If you are interested in requesting the house for the Severe Weather Training please complete the same request form and select Severe Weather Training.
- Participant Consent Forms are required and will need to be completed and turned in for any child under the age of 18 years old prior to touring the Fire Safety House. Details for obtaining these forms will be discussed upon confirmation of your request.
- You will need to supply the required minimum of 4 to 6 volunteers in order to run the Fire Safety House program properly.
- The Fire Safety House will run on its own generator that the Fire Safety House driver will set up.
- The Fire Safety House programming is not recommended for children under 5 years.
- Plan to allow 20 to 30 minutes per group of 6 to 8 children.
- Plan to allow room for the Fire Safety House and its tow vehicle (50 feet long; 9 feet wide; 12 feet high).
- Please remember: This is a request; all verification of events depends on the availability of the Fire Safety House and our staff.
- You may submit your request online by clicking on the link in the right blue box. Requests must be made during the current year's registration period or current year's Fire Safety House season (April 1st - October 31st) . No "year-in-advance" requests will be accepted in order to keep dates fair for all.
Please know that while the Fire Safety House is available to use free of charge a donation is suggested. Donations of any amount help to keep the Fire Safety House program visiting communities in Iowa just like yours!
Donations of the following amounts assist with:
- A $150 donation provides program supplies for a one day event
- A $325 donation provides program supplies and fuel for a one day event
- A $500 donation provides pay for program drivers, trailer maintenance and fully supports the trailer for a one day event
*A donation can be made through your Fire Safety House registration process.