Play Areas & Family Spaces
Family Space is in each patient room and on each floor of Blank Children’s Hospital. Quiet spaces are at the end of the halls on each floor. An adult must stay with guests who are younger than age 14.
Family Space on Blank 5
Ask your child’s care team about access to:
- Respite Rooms — Two respite, or short stay, bedrooms with bathrooms are on Blank 5. The rooms are reserved each day.
- Shower — A shower, shampoo, soap and towels are available to use.
- Laundry — A clothes washer, dryer and soap is available to use.
Playroom on Blank 5
The playroom has toys, games, arts, crafts, music and daily things for children and families to do. The room is a safe and fun place for children to play and ‘just be kids’. The Child Life team supervises the room. Siblings may use the room when an adult is with them.
The lobby of Blank Children’s Hospital is a place for family and kids to play.
Lynne Cutler Park and Playground
Enjoy a breath of fresh air in the park. The playground is in celebration of Erin Moomey. Erin was a patient at Blank Children’s Hospital in 2013. She thought the park would be more fun with play equipment. After losing her battle with leukemia, her family made Erin’s dream a reality. We hope you will visit the park and enjoy the playground.
To find the park:
- Take the Blank Children’s Hospital elevators to A level.
- Exit to the right and turn right at the hall.
- Follow the hall to the Younker Crossover, and turn right.
- Follow the hall to the park, which will be on the right side.
- Press the handicap button to enter and exit the park.
Toys and Games
Toys and games may be checked out from the Child Life team to use in your child’s room. Please leave the toys and games in the room when your child is finished with them. You may bring favorite toys from home.
Starlight video game systems are on each unit for patients to play. You may bring a game system from home, but it needs to be checked before it is plugged into the TV. Ask your child’s care team about using a gaming system.