The general pediatrics team at Blank Children's Hospital offers a primary care office and medical home for patients from birth to 21 years. Our pediatricians provide care that includes routine well-child care, diagnosis and treatment for new patients and general pediatric consultations by referral. As part of the national Reach Out and Read program, our patients (from 6 months to 5 years old) receive a free book upon each well-child visit.
We are also a residency teaching clinic, which means medical students and residents work alongside experienced staff pediatricians as part of their training.
- Debra Bixler, DO | Des Moines pediatrician
- Nathan Boonstra, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Jennifer Groos, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Eric Haugen, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Chris Kabriel, DO, MPH | Des Moines pediatrician
- Lisa Menzies, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Marianka Pille, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Orrin Probst, DO | Des Moines pediatrician
- Amy Shriver, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Andrew Sims, DO | Des Moines pediatrician
- Deb Downing, MSN, ARNP, CPNP
- Amy Lindgren, ARNP
- Terri Rater, MSN, ARNP, FNP
- Carissa Scheve, MSN, ARNP, CPNP
About Our Des Moines Pediatric Clinic
Our family-friendly location provides the best possible health care for children and their families. Designed just for kids, our clinic provides comprehensive coordinated medical care for children in an outpatient location by a multi-disciplinary team of pediatric specialists.
Blank Children's Pediatric Clinic in Des Moines has been awarded recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Program.