Committed to You
We make a commitment to stand by our patients and their families
Using our philosophy of family-centered care, families are not considered "visitors" but essential nurturers, caregivers and participants in the care and decisions that affect the total healing of the child. We recognize that a family is an essential part of the healing process and to keep its amazing effects working, we support and encourage our patients and families to be connected, well-informed, and together.
We make a commitment to keep children safe, comfortable and happy
To help keep your child at ease - no matter their age - we offer Child Life specialists who foster healing and recovery by helping children express their concerns and cope with fears. Our specialists not only meet with children, but also meet with families, to provide educational activities to help children adjust to the medical setting, prepare for medical procedures and put them at ease. Becoming a partner in the medical process, our Child Life specialists aid in medical concerns and emotional concerns. They evaluate a family's entire stay and help make sure that spirits are up, children remember to laugh and play, and that life continues as normal as it can within the circumstances.
We make a commitment to never lose sight of your family and its needs
Our hospital was designed to encourage family-centered care. When we renovated in 2001, parents and children helped us in that design process to create a facility that produces a comfortable and unique atmosphere. Within our walls you'll find:
- Medical equipment just the right size for kids.
- Décor that's designed to be soothing to children and families.
- Private, spacious inpatient rooms, which comfortably accommodate overnight stays by a family member.
- Private-room neonatal intensive care unit. It was one of the first Level III NICUs anywhere to offer private rooms, enabling neonatal specialists to maximize newborns' growth and development potential while giving families the amenities necessary to stay and bond with their child.
- State-of-the-art pediatric intensive care unit featuring the latest in pediatric critical care technology and treatment.
- Comfortable lounges on every floor.
- Playroom with toys, games and activities for children to have some fun.