Neonatal & Pediatric Critical Care Ambulance
When dispatched by ground, our Neonatal Transport Team and Pediatric Transport travel in the Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care Ambulance. The ambulance is the only one of its kind in the region used to transport of critically-ill and injured children and infants.
Features of the pediatric ambulance:
- Generator enables ambulance to run independently of the engine, if needed, in emergency situations.
- Can accommodate more than patient at a time in addition to the parents.
- Five seats for providers to ensure that the patient receives the best care while in transport.
- Quad cab enables family members to ride safely with their child.
- Child-friendly features such as a mini-television with DVD.
- Fully equipped to meet the standards outlined in the American Academy of Pediatrics Policy Statement (Pediatrics; 124; July 2009).
This ambulance was made possible by generous support from community donors: Variety - The Children's Charity, City of West Des Moines, The Iowa Clinic, R&R Realty, and the West Des Moines EMS Association.
Our ground transportation services are operated by the Iowa EMS Alliance, a partnership between UnityPoint Health - Des Moines and the City of West Des Moines Emergency Medical Services.