Primary Care in Quad Cities & Muscatine, IA & IL
Connect with a primary care provider you trust, at a location that makes your life easier. UnityPoint Health offers comprehensive services at several primary care clinics throughout the Quad Cities region and Muscatine area.
Our team includes family medicine and internal medicine providers as well as OB/GYNs
and pediatricians. We see patients of all ages to prioritize your health and well-being.
Get High-Quality Primary Care, Close to Home
Primary care doctors do a lot: They help you stay well, treat you when you get sick and refer you to a specialist should you ever need one. At UnityPoint Clinic we provide coordinated primary care for your family's routine and preventive health care needs.
- Seasoned providers: Our primary care team includes doctors and other professionals who are trained in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics or women's health. Some providers specialize in certain areas, such as geriatrics, to offer focused expertise for more complex concerns.
- Convenient locations: Meet us at the primary care clinic that's close to you and right for your circumstances. We have locations throughout the community, including Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island and the Muscatine area. Some of our offices offer same-day appointments and extended hours to help families fit medical visits into busy schedules.
- Efficient, easy access: An integrated electronic medical records system helps your provider follow your health, no matter where in our network you receive care. Your primary care doctor can coordinate care with other specialists as your needs change over time. (Sometimes, this approach is called a patient-centered medical home.) With the MyUnityPoint patient portal, you can make appointments or get in touch with your doctor or provider using a computer or mobile device.
- Coordinated specialty care: Should you have a complex health issue that requires a higher level of care, we can help. Your primary care team can connect you to UnityPoint Health's vast network of specialty services, from maternity care to oncology.
- Straightforward scheduling: Our centralized scheduling system helps you easily find a new primary care provider. Our team will work with you to set up an appointment that suits your needs. You'll hang up knowing exactly where you're going and when. Call 309-779-7979 to schedule an appointment.
Types of Primary Care
At UnityPoint Clinic, you have options. Our primary care team includes providers trained in family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics, gynecology or pediatrics. We know you'll find a provider that fits your needs.
- Family medicine: Our family medicine providers include physicians and advanced practitioners (such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants) who can care for your entire family. Each of these professionals is highly trained to treat people of all ages. Family medicine providers can help you manage a wide range of medical issues. They offer preventive care and treat chronic health conditions such as diabetes.
- Internal medicine: Doctors who specialize in internal medicine (called internists) receive a high level of training in the body's internal organs. This type of primary care doctor only sees adults. They focus on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of conditions that may affect more than one area of the body, possibly over a long time. An internist often cares for people who have more than one chronic (lifelong) health condition.
- Pediatrics: Our pediatricians meet the unique needs of children, from infants to teenagers. All our pediatric offices are located on hospital premises, allowing for highly coordinated care for your child's health needs.
- Women's health: Our obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN) doctors cater to women's unique health needs, such as reproductive health and pregnancy care. During pregnancy, our doctors work closely with each other and you to help manage the health of moms and babies.
Where Should I Go for Care?
When you have a pressing health problem, you want it addressed quickly. But what happens when your primary care provider can't get you in right away? Knowing where to go for the most efficient care isn't always clear. We can help.
- Walk-in care: If an illness or injury requires care fast but isn't life-threatening, try an express care clinic. This type of walk-in care offers an option for problems that come up when other offices are closed (such as evening or weekends). Sinus infections, minor injuries and urinary tract infections are common reasons people use express or urgent care. Our express care clinics also offer easy online appointment scheduling for your convience.
- Virtual care: Virtual care uses computer technology to bring medical expertise to wherever you are. A virtual consult allows you to talk to a medical provider through secure video on your computer or phone, when it's convenient for you. People use virtual visits to diagnose and treat many types of medical issues, from sore throats and sinus infections to anxiety and weight concerns.
- Emergency care: If you or your loved one has potentially life-threatening symptoms, call 911 or head to the ER. A hospital emergency department is best able to care for the most serious health issues, such as potential heart attack symptoms, severe motor vehicle injuries and uncontrolled fevers. The ER can be a time-consuming, expensive option for less-severe medical problems, so if you can safely wait, call your doctor first.
Find a provider that fits your unique needs, easily. Find a doctor or call 309-779-7979 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to schedule an appointment with one of our primary care providers.