Primary Care Near You
Establishing care with a doctor at UnityPoint Health has never been easier! View all doctors accepting new patients or find providers in your community below. Already have a primary care provider? Schedule an appointment today.
Scheduled Virtual Visits
Many of our locations offer virtual visits so you can see your doctor without leaving your home. If you have a non-urgent health concern, please call your clinic during normal business hours to see if a virtual visit can be scheduled. Once you have scheduled your visit, you can use our Mobile Setup Guide or Personal Computer Setup Guide.
Some examples of conditions or questions that are a good fit for Scheduled Virtual Visits include:
- Mild stomach pain
- Sinus infections
- Minor injuries
- Joint pain
- Follow up on anxiety and depression
- Follow up on chronic conditions (COPD, Diabetes, Chronic Heart Failure, etc.)
- Medication checks
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visits
Virtual Waiting Room
For primary care appointments requiring a clinic visit, we use a text messaging platform to create a virtual waiting room. This platform allows you to easily communicate directly with your clinic without stepping foot in the door.
How it Works:
- You'll receive an automated appointment reminder via text message
- When you arrive, you'll reply to that message to notify the office you're there
- You'll receive a text message or phone call with instructions for registration and when to enter the building
For your child's pediatric appointments, we encourage you to continue well-child visits that include vaccinations – these are important for newborns and young children to help keep them and others safe. Contact your pediatric clinic before arriving to ensure you're aware of any additional processes for your visit. Also, many of our pediatric clinics are now scheduling virtual visits with our patients. Some examples of conditions or questions that are a good fit for Scheduled Virtual Visits are listed above.