Pediatrics in Marshalltown
Taking care of yourself is still important during this time. We're making it easier to get Safe Care, Your Way with masking policies, virtual waiting room and scheduled virtual visits. Please see our COVID-19 information page for information.
Find A Pediatrician Near You
Establishing care with a doctor at UnityPoint Health has never been easier! To schedule the next available appointment near you, simply find a doctor accepting new patients below. Already have a primary care provider? Log into your MyUnityPoint patient portal to schedule an appointment today.
From well-baby visits to unexpected sports injuries and everything in between, UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown providers care for babies, children and adolescents to help families navigate the little and not-so-little bumps of childhood. We have pediatric experts in both our Marshalltown hospital and Family Medicine clinic.
Tips for Scheduling An Appointment
- Call to schedule an appointment as far in advance as possible If your child is ill, we will make every effort to see him or her the same day.
- It is important to inform us of the reason or reasons for your child's visit in order to properly schedule.
- If other members of your family need to be seen, please schedule separate appointments.
- Please notify us a minimum of 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Schedule, cancel or reschedule an appointment whenever its convenient for you using MyUnityPoint online or on our mobile app (search for UnityPoint Health Virtual Care in PlayStore or Apple Store).
Pediatric Services Available
- Well-child exams
- Newborn, 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24, 30 and 36 months
- 4-year + annually
- American Academy of Pediatric's Periodicity Schedule
- Physical forms
- Infant, Toddler, Preschool Age – Child Health Form
- School, sports and camp physicals (pre-participation exam)Immunizations (vaccines)
- CDC Recommended Immunization Schedule (Ages 0-6)
- UnityPoint Child Immunization Schedule
- Hearing and vision screen
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Sick care – appointments are available for same-day visits on an as-needed basis
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) dosing
- Motrin (ibuprofen) dosing
- Respiratory treatments and suctioning
- Laboratory and diagnostic testing during visit
- Chronic conditions – asthma, ADHD, developmental delays or any other ongoing physical or mental health problem requiring periodic visits outside of well-child visits
- Ages & Stages Questionnaires:
- 9 Months (English)
- 9 Months (Spanish)
- 18 Months (English)
- 18 Months (Spanish)
- 30 Months (English)
- 30 Months (Spanish)
- M-CHAT Autism Screen (alternative languages)
- ADHD Initial Vanderbilt Screen for Parent or Teacher
- ADHD Follow-Up Vanderbilt for Parent or Teacher
- Asthma Action Plan
- Referrals – dermatology, neurology, cardiology, psychology, ENT, pulmonology
- Procedures – simple laceration repair, splinting/sling, simple benign lesion removal, circumcision