High-Risk Perinatal Clinic
The Center for Perinatal Care offers comprehensive, patient-centered care for women managing complicated or high-risk pregnancies.
Our experts are dedicated to treating maternal and fetal health concerns
before, during and after the birth of your child. We are here for your comfort
Our specialists partner with referring providers by regularly
sharing updates, imaging and test results. We keep you and your provider in the
loop every step of the way so you and your baby are receiving the highest
quality of care.
Women are referred to the Center for Perinatal for a variety of reasons, either prior to or during pregnancy. Ask your health provider for a referral.
Maternal Fetal Medicine Consultations
A Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist, also known as a Perinatologist, is an obstetrician/gynecologist that has received specialized training to take care of women with high risk pregnancies. Women are referred to meet with an MFM specialist for consultation for a variety of reasons, either prior to or during a pregnancy.
- Cardiac disease
- Chronic hypertension
- Cystic fibrosis
- Diabetes – type 1 or 2, insulin dependent GDM
- Hemolytic incompatibility
- History of or current coagulation concern
- Pulmonary disease (including active asthma)
- Renal disease
- Seizure disorder
- Sickle Cell disease
- Thyroid disorders
- Other chronic or acute condition that may affect pregnancy
- Fetal anomalies
- Multiple gestation
- Growth restriction
- Other fetal condition that may affect the pregnancy
- Pregnancy induced hypertension
- Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid)
- Polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid)
- Prior pregnancy loss
- Other condition that may affect the pregnancy