Visiting hours are arranged for the maximum benefit of the patient and for the convenience of family and friends. It is suggested that visits be brief and limited to two visitors at a time.
Patients may be visited daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. However, physicians or nurses may restrict visiting hours for patients who need extra rest. After 8 p.m., all visitors are asked to stop at the Admissions Desk on the second floor.
Children may visit. It is requested that children NOT be left unattended in the patient-care lounge areas.
These clinical units have some special visiting hours:
Daily patient rest period is 2-4 p.m.
Patients may be visited by their spouse or significant other at any time. All others may visit 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Visiting policy in this unit is flexible and designed to meet the needs of the patient and family. The following guidelines apply:
- To assure that your loved one gets his/her needed rest, the number of visitors and length of visit may be limited.
- Only immediate family should visit patients in the intensive care unit. Children under age 12 are discouraged from visiting.
- If visiting is temporarily restricted, the family will be informed and may visit as soon as possible thereafter.
- Visitors should use the entrance serviced by an intercom and must use the intercom before entering the unit to assure that the patient's condition allows for a visit at that time.
- Visiting is discouraged during the change of shift between 7-8 a.m., 3-4 p.m., 11 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Visiting hours are Monday through Friday, 5:30-7 p.m. Visiting on Saturday, Sunday and holidays is 1:30-7 p.m.