Where to Go for Care During COVID-19
Whether you need care now, want to schedule an appointment with your doctor or talk to a health care professional, we're here to help you find the health care you need, safely. Para la versión en español, haga clic aquí.
Care for COVID-19 Exposure or Symptoms
UnityPoint Clinic continues to experience requests for COVID-19 testing. For people who are not sick and haven't been exposed to COVID-19, but need to be tested for another reason, please consider other testing options in your community such as local pharmacies and public health departments. As always, if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we want to see you as soon as possible – particularly if you are high risk or unvaccinated.
Mental Health Care
We know you want options, especially when it comes to mental health care. Our team can connect with you in-person, by phone or video based on your goals and preferences. Learn more about local and online options.
SilverCloud Online Mental Health Tool
SilverCloud Health is a secure, anonymous and engaging platform to help you build resilience and overcome sleep issues and stress. Access the free, personalized mental well-being programs anytime on your computer, tablet or cellphone. Click below to get started.
Launch SilverCloud Online
Urgent & Emergency Care
When you have a health care need that cannot wait, we've got options to fit your lifestyle, including a local Express clinic and nearby emergency department.
We're asking for your patience and kindness whenever we experience high volumes of sick patients and requests for COVID-19 testing. Our team is working hard, even putting in extra shifts, to best serve you. If you must wait, please be understanding. Our team members always strive to treat everyone with dignity, respect and give their full attention to your personal needs.
Get Care Now
When to Go to Urgent Care vs. Emergency Room
Our primary care services include scheduled visits over the phone or by video. We also have a texting platform that creates a virtual waiting room for appointments that require a clinic visit.
If you have a non-urgent health concern and would like to talk to your primary care provider, please call your clinic during normal business hours to see if a video or telephone visit can be scheduled.
Still not sure what to do?
If you still aren't sure where to go for care, or if you have other questions, you can always call your primary care clinic, or message your doctor directly with the MyUnityPoint patient portal.
MyUnityPoint Patient Portal
If you don't have a primary care doctor, our MyNurse hotline stands ready to help answer your questions. MyUnityPoint Nurse is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call (800) 424-3258 to be connected right now.
We're here to keep you safe.
At UnityPoint Health, the health and safety of our patients, communities and team members is at the center of everything we do. Here's what we're doing to make sure you're safe when you visit our locations:
When Community Transmission Levels are High, We Offer:
- Virtual Waiting Rooms: For in-person clinic visits during the COVID-19 pandemic, we minimize exposure by offering a text messaging platform. This ensures you don't have to enter the building or sit in a waiting room until your room is ready.
- Cleaning and sanitizing: We enhance ongoing cleaning and sanitization processes with strict steps being taken in public and clinical areas.
- Masking and PPE: We require all patients and visitors to wear a mask while in our facilities. Our staff will also be protected with PPE (personal protective equipment) when providing direct patient care.
- Social distancing: We rearrange our waiting areas and public spaces to limit the number of people and maintain appropriate physical distance.
- Screening process: We require everyone to answer COVID-19 screening questions before entering our facilities to minimize virus exposure.
- Designated wellness/annual visit spaces: We designate specific areas in our clinics to care for patients who are not ill and seeing a provide for an annual wellness visits. This ensures another layer of safety in our spaces whether seeking urgent care, primary care or visiting any of our other locations.
- Limiting visitors: We limit visitors to ensure there is minimal exposure for people with non-medical reasons to visit our facilities. Please see our restrictions and updates page for our most updated information. Thank you for your understanding as we work to help reduce the spread.
- Scheduled virtual visits: At select primary care clinics, we offer scheduled virtual visits over the phone or by video. To find out if you can meet with your provider virtually, please call your clinic or reach out through the MyUnityPoint patient portal.
Watch Our Where to Go For Care Video