Providing Next Level Care
As Siouxland’s only women and children’s healthcare facility, UnityPoint Health – St. Luke's takes pride in providing life-saving equipment, programs and services for our Siouxland kids. As a Children’s Miracle Network hospital, St. Luke’s cares for more than 23,000 pediatric patient visits each year facing challenges like respiratory illness, premature birth, pneumonia and other illnesses.
We are best-known for helping sick and injured children in our emergency department and pediatric unit, as well as premature babies in the region’s only Level II neonatal intensive care unit. Additionally, we help support healthy pregnancies and deliveries at St. Luke's birth center, and through UnityPoint Clinic – Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Transform a Life Today
Through community support we can improve pediatric care, addressing the most challenging issues of today, while preventing and preparing for those to come tomorrow. 100% of the funds raised stay locally to ensure the continued comfort, care and life-saving resources needed to care for Siouxland children and their families.
Please consider a gift to impact and improve the lives of Siouxland children.
Campaign Goal: $275,000
Ultrasound Equipment for High-risk Pregnancies ($180,000)
At UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s, the maternal fetal medicine team offers preconception counseling, genetic screening, and high-risk pregnancy care. One of the most important pieces of equipment, to ensure both the mother and fetus are doing well, is the ultrasound. The goal is to use the ultrasound to determine the health of complicated, high-risk pregnancies.
The GE Voluson Expert 22 ultrasound will:
- Allow sonographers to collect more information at record speeds for faster, sharper and clearer images.
- Improve detection rates, identify abnormalities and increase pelvic health.
- Allow more patients to be seen, and ultimately keep patients in Sioux City.
Pediatric Dental Surgery Instruments ($70,000)
In 2022, UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s general surgery department provided care for 413 pediatric patients who needed dental procedures completed while under general anesthesia, such as teeth cleaning, tooth extraction, cavity fills, and more. This form of treatment allows a child to experience no pain during the procedure, while also permitting dentists to restore teeth fully and completely without concern of injuring a child who may be unable to cooperate or sit still in a chair during treatment.
As the number of cases continue to grow, it is important to invest in dental equipment and a rolling cart, that can be transferred between OR rooms, to improve efficiency, provide better patient care, handle complicated cases, and safely restore children's smiles.
Dental Surgery Equipment:
- Amalgamator: Mix alloys and glass ionomer capsules for a smooth consistency.
- Dental Cart: Offers convenient storage and the ability to move from room to room.
- Electric High-Speed Handpiece: Short, lightweight motor that provides an optimal electric solution.
- Light Scapel Laser System: Laser surgery procedures for incision, excision, vaporization, ablation, or coagulation of soft tissue.
- Nomad Pro 2 Portable Handheld X-ray Machine
- Surgical Handpiece: Designed for use in periodontal and endodontic procedures (lightweight and precise).
Ear, Nose and Throat Scope ($25,000)
Ear, nose and throat conditions affect children of all ages. Children often need special ENT care as their senses develop. Our ENT specialists can treat a variety of complex disorders. We treat inherited health issues, delays, infections, and other ENT complications to protect your child’s hearing, sense of smell, voice and more. With more pediatric patients coming through our surgery doors, there is a need for an upgraded endoscope system.
The DIEGO ELITE Multidebrider is a multipurpose ENT shaver system designed to offer surgeons improved choice on how to perform surgeries, while at the same time offering features aimed at improving surgical efficiency.
- Four scope sizes, allowing smaller scopes for pediatric patients that need ear, nose and throat procedures done.
- Rotatable tip blades on the scope allow the surgeon to reach different areas of the nasal anatomy without twisting the handpiece.
- Offers a wide range of blades for tonsil and adenoid resection.
Through funding of the upgrade scope, advanced techniques can be used to treat both common and rare conditions related to breathing and the airway, feeding and swelling, voice and speech, nose and sinuses and sleep.
The Impact of Your Gift
The following gift levels have been established:
- Distinguished ($250,000 - $499,999)
- Champion ($100,000 - $249,999)
- Leader ($75,000 - $99,999)
- Partner ($50,000 - $74,999)
- Advocate ($25,000 - $49,999)
- Ambassador ($5,000 - $24,999)
- Benefactor ($2,500 - $4,999)
- Founder ($1,000 - $2,499)
- Director ($500 - $999)
- Community ($250 - $499)
- Friend ($100 - $249)