You need a solid treatment plan when you have cancer. The experts at Trinity Cancer Center develop a plan tailored for your needs. Your cancer team creates the best course of treatment using the latest techniques and technology.
Your treatment plan not only provides care, but also empowers you for the road ahead. When you come to Trinity Cancer Center, you know caring experts will help you.
Treatment Options: Why Choose Trinity Cancer Center?
Your cancer team includes doctors, nurses, therapists and a care navigator. Oncologists are medical providers who specialize in treating cancer. Our nurses and therapists have specialized training in caring for cancer patients.
The care navigator will help you understand what to expect from cancer diagnosis to treatment. The navigator will also help you find the support and any resources you need as you progress through treatment.
Some treatment options your cancer team may use include:
- Surgery: Surgeons from across Trinity Regional Medical Center treat cancer by surgically removing tumors and nearby tissues.
- Medical oncology: Board-certified oncologists use chemotherapy (one or more powerful drugs) or other targeted forms of treatment to destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation oncology: Board-certified oncologists use radiation therapy (high-energy beams of radiation) to target and destroy cancer cells.
Trinity's True Beam Linear Accelerator
The True Beam Linear Accelerator offers several new technologies to help address some of the most significant barriers to individuals accessing timely and quality lifesaving radiation treatments.
- Provides four types of radiation: conventional, IMRT, SRS (stereotactic radiosurgery, one dose radiation to the head and neck; and SBRT(stereotactic body radiation therapy)
- Reduces some breast, lung and prostate cancer treatments from 30-40 treatments to 3-5 treatments
- Offers additional treatment options for a variety of cancers
- Causes less damage to nearby healthy cells with increased precision
- Treatments can be completed in 60% less time
Pain Management at Trinity Cancer Center
Cancer and cancer treatment can cause pain, which is why we offer pain management therapies through the Trinity Pain Management Center. Ours is the only center providing cancer pain services in northwest Iowa.
When you come to Trinity Pain Management Center, you're in good hands. Our pain management team provides the most effective care for your symptoms. If you suffer from persistent pain from cancer or cancer treatment, our experts work with you to develop a pain management plan that helps you get through treatment and live life more comfortably.
To schedule an appointment with a Trinity Cancer Center provider, call us today at (515) 574-8302.