Ways to Give
Philanthropy has played a key role in providing exceptional cancer care since John Stoddard made his initial gift in 1990. Charitable gifts are essential to provide the healthcare the people of Iowa deserve. Our rich tradition of philanthropy allows our cancer center staff to pursue opportunities to provide the absolute best for our cancer patients and their families.
Philanthropy has made a difference in the lives of patients and families by helping to:
- Renovate and expand the inpatient unit to include all private rooms, a chapel and an outdoor healing garden.
- Establish the Oncology Nurse Navigator Program to help guide patients through the disease.
- Purchase state-of-the-art technology in order to provide the latest in cancer treatment.
- Provide free counseling to patients and families
The treatment and care of cancer patients are continually evolving. Current gifts, bequests and other planned gifts, in particular, will play a vital role in that growth and long-term sustainability of John Stoddard Cancer Center. To meet the needs of patients and families, the leadership of John Stoddard Cancer Center has identified the following areas as priorities for philanthropic support:
- Oncology Nurse Navigator Program
- "What's On Your Mind?" Program
- Technology and Capital Improvements
- Family services
- Compassion Fund - contributions to this fund provide additional support to patients and families beyond what the hospital is able to provide
Donate to John Stoddard. Your support will impact the lives of patients and families for generations to come.
Become A John Stoddard Volunteer
Volunteers are a very important part of what makes John Stoddard one of the top cancer centers in the Midwest. Click here to learn more about volunteering (this link will redirect you to the Iowa Methodist Volunteer page). Thank you for helping to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We need volunteers to help in various areas of our cancer center including our inpatient unit and Radiation Oncology. We also need volunteers to help represent Stoddard at various special events throughout the year.