Who is the spiritual care team?
Our team is comprised of board certified chaplains, associates and the spiritual care volunteers. The Pastoral Care staff have special training in hospital ministry and are available to assist you and your family, regardless of your religion or beliefs. Your priest, minister or rabbi is always welcome to visit you. We are available 24/7 to support patients and families with any spiritual need.
What can we offer?
Patient care at UnityPoint Health - Trinity includes the spiritual as well as the physical and emotional needs of patients and their loved ones.
Among the services we offer are:
- Support in times of crisis, anxiety or worry
- Support in finding meaning, purpose and hope
- End-of-life support
- Support for those coping with the death of a loved one
- A listening, nonjudgmental presence
- Spiritual support for our associates
- Help in maintaining your connection with your faith community while you are hospitalized
- Support of religious/spiritual needs through worship, memorial services and rituals for specific circumstances
- Education and assistance in completing advance directives
- Sacred texts and devotional materials
Requesting a visit
Chaplains are available to Trinity patients and families for supportive visits and pastoral care. During business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., you can contact us directly from hospital phones by dialing 2989, or from outside the hospital by calling (309) 779-2989.
After hours and on weekends, please dial '5000' or (309) 779-5000 and ask for the chaplain on-call. You may also notify your nurse of your desire to speak with a chaplain.
Are worship services available?
The Bettendorf, Moline and Rock Island campuses each have a chapel/meditation room that is open to visitors of all faiths for prayer and meditation. A Roman Catholic Mass is celebrated each Sunday in the Rock Island chapel at 9:30 a.m. and patients may participate from their rooms via Simulcast on channel 9 of the television. Weekdays a brief prayer service, open to everyone, is held at 9 a.m. in the Rock Island chapel.
A Chaplain is available 24 hours a day to address your spiritual needs.
Befrienders at Trinity are community volunteers who are members of a faith community and receive training through the Pastoral Care department to visits hospitalized patients. Those interested in becoming a Befriender may contact Pastoral Care by calling (309) 779-2989.