Primary Care Behavioral Health Services
Are you or your child experiencing stress, depression, anxiety, sleep issues, or having difficulty coping with a medical diagnosis?
UnityPoint Health – Meriter's Primary Care Behavioral Health team can help!
A Behavioral Health Consultant will work closely with your Meriter Primary Care Provider to help improve your health by teaching coping skills, assisting with setting and achieving goals and making the healthy lifestyle changes you've been thinking about.
The Behavioral Health team consists of Licensed Master Level Therapists and Psychologists, who treat a wide variety of conditions in children and adults including:
- Parenting issues
- Child development concerns
- Sleep issues
- Non-medication strategies for managing chronic pain
- Coping with a medical condition
- Changing risky behaviors like tobacco or problematic alcohol use
Services do not include:
- Court ordered evaluations or care
- Special evaluations such as: custody, neuropsychological, ADHD or dementia
- Medication prescriptions
- Emotional support animal letters or paperwork completion
- Specialized treatment for substance use or addiction
Behavioral Health appointments are offered at the following Meriter clinics:
Visits will be billed to your insurance as specialty medical care.
Please speak with your Unity Point Health – Meriter Primary Care Provider, if you are interested in our Behavioral Health Services.