Norma Schmoker Cancer Center
When treating cancer, a patient's entire body needs healing, not just the cancer. At Norma Schmoker Cancer Center in Fort Dodge, we partner with you to fight cancer from every angle. Our cancer team uses specialized care and compassion to help you during and after treatment.
We are committed to providing quality cancer care for our patients, their families and the community. Our experts can diagnose and treat all types of cancer, and our warm, friendly environment helps you feel comfortable during treatment.
To learn more about the Norma Schmoker Cancer Center, call (515) 574-8302.
Norma Schmoker Cancer Center: Why Choose Us?
Norma Schmoker Cancer Center's comprehensive program focuses on providing the best care and support for all of our patients. When you come to us for cancer care, you have access to:
- Cancer support and resources: Everyone who comes to us for treatment has access to support services, including care coordination, support groups, rehabilitation and nutrition services. We also help you find the resources you need through treatment.
- Comprehensive treatment: Our team of cancer providers works together to find the cancer treatment that is right for you. We provide medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgery and pain management.
- Preventive services: Our center includes a High-Risk Breast Cancer Clinic and lung cancer screening to help our communities catch cancer early.
Because we are part of Trinity Regional Medical Center, our team coordinates care between departments to meet your needs. Our compassionate experts care for a variety of your needs in our friendly hospital.
Inpatient and Outpatient Cancer Services
In some cases, cancer treatment needs to happen in the hospital. In our inpatient cancer unit, our cancer providers continually monitor your care and review your treatment plan. Inpatient nurses are specially trained in oncology care and cancer treatment.
Outpatient services take place in Trinity's Infusion Center. Registered nurses with certification in oncology nursing work in our open, friendly environment. The Infusion Center provides care to patients receiving:
- Blood products
- Symptom management
At Norma Schmoker Cancer Center, our concern for your health and well-being continue after we discharge you from our care. And Norma Schmoker Cancer Registry is an integral part of the cancer program.
The Registry's primary responsibility is to collect, maintain and analyze data on all patients diagnosed with or treated for cancer at Norma Schmoker Cancer Center. All data we collect remains confidential. We record information such as:
- Medical history
- Diagnostic studies
- Treatment information
- Follow-up information
Why is the Cancer Registry important?
The purpose of the Cancer Registry is to ensure that patients with cancer receive quality care and the resources they need to help manage their disease. We use collected information to:
- Help physicians analyze treatment results
- Provide optimum care for each patient
- Ensure that patients receive lifetime follow-up care
- Better understand cancer so that we can continuously improve the care we offer
- Create community public health programs
To schedule an appointment with a Norma Schmoker Cancer Center provider, call us today at (515) 574-8302.